Wednesday 30 April 2014

FOOD FOOD FOOD

I love food.  I love eating.  I especially love it when I get it 'right' and eat food that makes me feel fantastic.

Taking a yogic approach to life also means looking at your diet and making conscious food choices for your body.  Being vegetarian or vegan is not necessary, although in some yogic and Tantric traditions it is important.  However, taking an ethical approach to your food is important.
What is very important is eating the food that is right for your individual body.  No one else can really tell you what you should or shouldn't eat.  It's up to you to develop your own awareness of how different foods affect your body, and then choose to eat the ones that enrich your overall health the most.  Food is medicine! 

My absolute favorite foodie and recipe book author is Lola Berry.  I am completely in love with her recipes which are super healthy and seem to suit my body really well.  They use whole, unprocessed food and are a bit different from the 'ordinary'.  And very, very yummy.  

Taking the time to source these foods means going to a good supermarket or market and hunting around a bit (wake up your inner hunter-gatherer!).  This can be a bit of a pain if you're like me and live 1/2 an hour away from real food shops, but is totally worth it.
Anything that results in your body feeling awesome is worth it.  Enjoy your food!

Here is a link to Lola Berry's website.  Lots of yum recipes here!  Lola Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment